My Own Version of Farmville


Other than their regular work, my friends at the badminton court have been preoccupied with their "virtual farm". Since I am not into Facebook (anak, igawa mo na ako..) , "Farmville" is completely alien to me. After each set, my "Yummies" (our badminton group) would talk about forgetting to water their plants, giving away seedlings, giving or selling their produce, etc. And I was so surprised to find out that some would tend to their "farms" till the wee hours of the morning!



Not to be left behind without getting into Facebook, I decided I'd do my own version. Not a virtual farm but a real, miniature farm.

By the end of 2009, I started preparing my small plot for my tomato and bell pepper "farm". I used the seeds leftover from the kitchen. I know that summer would soon set in, and it is the best season to grow my choice produce.

By late March, my farm was in bloom :-) , and eventually the flowers became fruits. By the 2nd week of April, I started reaping the fruits of my labor.. These were also shared with our neighbors who were more than happy to receive them.


Aside from these two major produce, I also have tanglad (lemongrass), basil and oregano. My small plot in Tagaytay also has lemongrass and basil with additional chives, mint and tarragon. Right now, I am waiting for my squash to bloom.


I wonder how much carbon credits I've earned by producing my own tomatoes and bell peppers organically?

0 comments:

Post a Comment